Sunday, May 23, 2010

Frozen rockets


Mum found these rocket ship ice-block holders at school, I obviously had to purchase them (I had seen them at Chalet at Gardo, but they were $25 there, these were only $10). What to put in them? Im not a fan of juice, so frozen juice rockets were not going to happen. So, out came the trusty women's weekly cookbooks - this recipe for frozen yoghurt pops comes from 'Super Diet', it makes eight, each is around 65 calories.


Recipe

2 tablespoons water

1 teaspoon powdered gelatine

1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
2 cups low-fat vanilla yoghurt (I used nestle diet because thats the one mum liked. Yoplait Forme is also pretty similar in calorie content).

Place water in small bowl (I used a coffee mug), add gelatine and mix well. Puree berries until smooth (you can strain it here to remove the seeds, I like crunchy so I didn't bother). Add berries and gelatine to yoghurt. Mix until combined. Pour into moulds. Freeze until solid.

If you have trouble getting them out of the moulds, run them under some cold water which will help release them.

(makes 8 at 64 calories each).




No comments:

Post a Comment