Saturday, May 22, 2010

Drawtism icecupcreamcakes


My work held a fundraiser for autism awareness month - "drawtism: a night of pictionary". I, of course, was in charge of cupcakes - but how to present them? Using the autism awareness logo as inspiration, a rainbow ribbon, I came up with these.


How did I do it?




My trusty pattycake recipe


4 oz butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup skim milk
pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Flat bottomed icecream cones

In a saucepan on low heat, melt the butter and sugar. Allow to cool slightly, beat in eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.

Divide mixture into six bowls and add food colouring to each (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).

Stand up icecream cones in a muffin tray, one per hole.

Fill icecream cones with one teaspoon of each colour (ROYGBP).

Bake at 200 degrees for approximately 15 minutes. They may take longer - keep checking.


I iced these with a simple mixture of icing sugar and water and then dipped them in sprinkles.


:)


No comments:

Post a Comment