Saturday, June 12, 2010

Potato gnocchi

This recipe came from:

http://dondonf.multiply.com/recipes



I have never made gnocchi before, I think I did okay though. Not quite as light and fluffy as Babcia used to make (my Dad's mum), but my mum seemed to approve.



Potato gnocchi

350g floury potatoes (I used some that were called ruby?)

1/4 cup grated parmesan

1/3 cup plain flour

1 egg yolk



Add potatoes to boiling water, whole. Cook until they are soft when a skewer pokes through. Allow to cool slightly then peel. Push through a potato ricer into a bowl. Add other ingredients, mix until starting to combine. Tip dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead until it creates a smooth dough (around one minute). Take small amounts of dough, roll into a thin sausage and, using a sharp knife, cut into small pieces (approx 2cm long).

In a saucepan, bring some salted water to the boil. Add gnocchi in small batches - it is cooked when it rises to the surface.



Add your choice of sauce and eat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment